As it is St. Patrick’s Day today and the Irish are celebration all over the world, this week’s Mystery Monday post is a medley of native Irish animals…. can you name them?
1. St. Patrick supposedly banished all the snakes from our Emerald Isle, but here is a reptile he left behind… the only native Irish reptile… do you know what it is?
2. There are a lot of native Irish dogs to celebrate but here is just one… can you name it?
3. The dairy herd is still very strong in Ireland, can you name this native Irish breed?
4. Many Irish equine breeds are famous around the world, the Connemara pony is a one example, but here is another, do you know what it is?
5. And finally, we are all familiar with this insect, but which one is native to Ireland?